April 20, 2018
Job available to current residents of the United States only
Aviagen is seeking to fill a veterinary position to support its poultry breeding program. This position will be based in North Alabama and support Aviagen’s poultry health, biosecurity, and welfare programs. This position will report directly to the Production Program Veterinarian.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Licensed to work in the United States
- Resides in the United States
- D.V.M. degree with the ability to be licensed in multiple states as well as attain federal accreditation
- Master degree specializing in avian medicine and/or education in Poultry Science is desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel domestically up to 30% of the time
The following duties will vary according to the needs of the department. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with veterinarians in GP, GGP and pedigree programs.
- Assist in flock health inspections for export certification in Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi and Oklahoma.
- Work closely with the distribution/logistics department to facilitate import and export of product.
- Participate in and contribute to preventative medicine programs.
- Participate in and contribute to activities and initiatives relating to chick quality.
- Become familiar with veterinary laboratory diagnostic tests, interpret results, and liaise with the laboratory management and quality teams.
- Assist in conducting monthly inspections for all GP and PS hatcheries.
- Participate and contribute to the oversight and ongoing improvement of Aviagen’s animal welfare program.
- Conduct clinical and necropsy examinations on an as needed basis.
- Participate in health, biosecurity, and welfare audits.
- Seek training opportunities to enhance professional skills and identify personal responsibilities with company and departmental goals.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: April 20, 2018